This week’s Media Create software chart is a sorry sight, with no title selling more than 35 105 units. As we’ve come to expect, the list is dominated by games for Japan’s most popular system - the 3DS.
There are four new entries on this week’s chart: Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure, Onechanbara Z: Kagura, Heroes Phantasia and Beyond the Labyrinth.
None of them sold particularly well but at least their presence on the chart indicates that the pace of video game releases is once again hotting up as we approach February.
I reckon the most interesting detail to be gleaned from future Media Create reports is whether PS Vita software will make any sort of impact on the top ten chart. The fact that every PSV title is also available on the PlayStation Store from day one will definitely eat into retail numbers, so we’ll just have to wait and see what kind of chart positions PSV software manages to achieve.
Feel free to head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
- Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) - 3DS - 35 105
- [NEW] Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure (Sega) - 3DS - 31 598
- Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom) - 3DS - 31 369
- Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo) - 3DS - 26 051
- [NEW] Onechanbara Z: Kagura (D3 Publisher) - Xbox 360 - 22 013
- [NEW] Heroes Phantasia (Bandai Namco Games) - PSP - 15 163
- Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine / Dark (Level 5) - 3DS - 14 190
- [NEW] Beyond the Labyrinth (Konami) - 3DS - 14 176
- Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin II (Namco Bandai) - PSP - 11 598
- Warriors Orochi 2 (Koei Tecmo) - PS3 - 10 690
Source: Media Create