Monday, June 18, 2012

Thankfully, Software Is Eating The Personal Investing World

572826_306854_1126028472_nLiquidity fever is in the air in Silicon Valley. I felt this viscerally last month when a friend from Facebook came to me to talk investing. A talented engineer who has been at the company for more than five years, my friend just reaped a pretty nice IPO payday. As you might expect, he’s been contacted by a seemingly endless list of investment advisors, slightly different in their approaches but all promising the same things – a steady hand at the till, privileged access to top flight investment funds, and a portfolio that’s lower risk and higher return than the market. Fed up with all the competing claims, he has started thinking about investing his money himself. After all, he must be bright enough to outsmart the fickle fools who seem to follow Jim Cramer’s every whim. Right? He wanted to know what I thought he should do. My first response was to slap him on the back and congratulate him again. It’s a rare and special time when so many people are rewarded so spectacularly for their hard work and ingenuity. As an entrepreneur myself, I love to see people with the courage to take an uncharted path succeed. But my second response was...

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/XKhtHDfl-S8/

Braun Racing Toyota Elliott Sadler Stanley Ford Mike Bliss Prism Motorsports Toyota Travis Kvapil

No comments:

Post a Comment