Monday, September 10, 2012

Samsung Smart Tip: Never underestimate the importance of a good flashlight app

Picture this. It’s Friday night and after a busy work week you’re finally able to settle into your couch and enjoy some game time. Its only about two hours in when all of a sudden the electricity trips.

Now apart from worrying about losing my progress in the game, I reach to grab my Samsung Galaxy S3 off the coffee table next to me. I can’t help but to smile as I flip through the apps and switch on my flashlight app, one of the first free apps that I downloaded from the Play Store.

Samsung Flashlight App

The reason is simply that I have already learned the value of always having a flashlight handy, and the easiest way to do this, unless you’re MacGyver who actually has a real flashlight in his pocket, is to download the flashlight app onto your S3. Trust me it van be a lifesaver when you have to negotiate a six storey rickety staircase in the dark in Paris at 5am to catch a taxi to the airport.

Back to Friday nights activities now…switching on my portable flashlight I’m able to walk to the DB board, not having to worry about tripping over my Labradors who are sprawled on the floor and clearly not bothered about the sudden plunge into darkness. Unfortunately it was a power failure in the whole neighbourhood, ending my gaming adventures for the evening, but the good news is that using my flash app I could locate the matches and candles easily (I always plan on putting these somewhere easily accessible but never do) and also got inspiration to write this article and hopefully save you the clumsy feeling around in the dark only to trip over a shoe or a squeaky dog toy by reminding you to never underestimate the importance of a good flashlight app!

Samsung Flashlight App

Upon closer inspection of the flashlight app, I discovered it has other cool options for light sources. These include the option to use morse code, where you type in a message and it sends it as morse code in a series of flashing lights. You just never know when you might need morse code light, like when you’re stranded on a desert island and your controller is about to run out of charge. “Bring batteries quick” could be the message that saves you for realising you’ve just eaten your last coconut.

Samsung Flashlight App

The glowing light bulb option will help you to remember what it used to be like to have electricity, while the warning lights, police lights and strobe are all great options to entertain your friends.

Samsung Flashlight App

Jokes aside, there are numerous flashlight apps available in the Play Store. Go check them out, the next time your power trips you will be grateful that you did.

Samsung Smart Tips is a series of features created by the El33tonline team about their experiences with the Samsung range of products, specifically the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.

Samsung Galaxy S III

All of the screenshots were taken using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2’s screenshot capture function.


Source: http://feeds.el33tonline.com/~r/el33tonline_blog_rss_feed/~3/4sf7Kjl39JQ/

Key Jds Uniphase Jda Software Group Jack Henry And Associates Ixys Itron

No comments:

Post a Comment