It?s with very little surprise in our collective online voices that we tell you Valve?s Portal 2 has managed to claim the No. 1 spot on Chart Track?s UK Software Sales listing for the past week, becoming the best-selling title in the region across all platforms during its first few days on sale.
According to Chart Track, 54% of Portal 2’s retail sales were recorded on Xbox 360, while 10% of the purchases were seen on PC - the remaining 36% was left for the PlayStation 3 version.
Mortal Kombat (another debut release in the UK) has to settle for No. 2 on the chart in the wake of Portal 2’s might.
Price promotions for Call of Duty: Black Ops see sales of this title shoot up by an incredible 245%, allowing it to zoom up the chart to No. 3 from No. 9 last week. Previous chart hero Zumba Fitness (sales up 10%) is, as a result, forced down to No. 4 after a full two weeks at the top of the listing.
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars slips to No. 5 from No. 2 last week, as yet another new release in the form of Operation Flashpoint: Red River appears at No. 6. FIFA 11 (sales up 39%) trips itself up to chart at No. 7 (down from No. 4), as Crysis 2 (sales down 2%) tumbles five places to No. 8.
Wii Fit Plus (sales up 97%) makes its mark at No. 9 (up from No. 20), and Homefront (sales down 1%) sits at No. 10 after previously charting at No. 6.
Elsewhere on the chart, debut title SOCOM: Special Forces appears at No. 28.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Portal 2 (Valve Software)
- 2.) Mortal Kombat (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 3.) Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)
- 4.) Zumba Fitness (Majesco)
- 5.) LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (LucasArts)
- 6.) Operation Flashpoint: Red River (Codemasters)
- 7.) FIFA 11 (EA)
- 8.) Crysis 2 (EA)
- 9.) Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
- 10.) Homefront (THQ)
- 11.) Pokemon Black Version (Nintendo)
- 12.) Pokemon White Version (Nintendo)
- 13.) WWE All Stars (THQ)
- 14.) Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
- 15.) Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
- 16.) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (EA)
- 17.) Dragon Age 2 (EA)
- 18.) Michael Jackson: The Experience (Ubisoft)
- 19.) SHIFT 2 Unleashed (EA)
- 20.) Assassin?s Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
You can read over last week’s UK Software Sales chart activity over here.
Source: Chart Track
Kenneth Lee Wallace Michael Stephen Wallace Russell William Wallace Jr Michael Curtis Waltrip Scott Alan Wimmer Jonathan Edward Wood
Post a Comment