Friday, June 24, 2011

Oblong Has Built The Future Of Computing. I?ve Seen It. Used It. It?s Beautiful.

"This is the next Macintosh-level of disruption." Over the past several years, I've followed pretty much every new thing in the technology space, and written about many of them. But it's hard not to get cynical when so much of what's out there is not only not�revolutionary, it's often not even evolutionary. Instead, much of what I see is simply derivative and quite frankly, boring. But every once in a while something crops up that is truly game-changing. And it restores my faith in technology. That's the best way to describe what I saw when I met with Oblong Industries this week. The technologies that Oblong is working on are anything but derivative or boring ? they are absolutely revolutionary. And they will shape the future of computing. I understand that such statements sound like absolute hyperbole ?�especially�from a guy who has written about the death of the mouse a number of times. But I would encourage you to skip to the bottom of this post and check out the videos. I'm going to attempt to explain what I saw and talked with Oblong CEO Kwindla Hultman Kramer and Chief Scientist John Underkoffler about. But the only way to truly do the technology justice (beyond using it) is to see it in action.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/0ODGbiLH1HY/

Gèrard Larrousse Jud Larson Niki Laudaü Roger Laurent Giovanni Lavaggi Chris Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment