Sunday, January 23, 2011

The AirPlay Network

Week One of the Age of iPad was barely weekended when Keith Olbermann was removed from his position at NBC/Comcast. I missed his final show, mostly because I stopped watching it and all the cable news channels once the election was over. But then I remembered we are now in the Age of iPad, and guess what I found when I turned on Apple TV. There it was right in the podcasts section, ready to stream. Parsing the language I heard the same thing we heard earlier when Steve Ballmer fired Bob Muglia, when Eric Schmidt was kicked ?upstairs,? when I was asked to leave along with my wife and a friend from the Crunchies because the room was too full. In the last case, I refused to move, waiting until the venue manager moved on to people more her size. I wonder what would have happened if Muglia just said, no, Steve. I?m not going anywhere. We?ll get back to Eric and the boys in a minute, but in the Age of iPad, all is not as it seems. Take Olbermann for instance: firing him seems like exactly what NBC doesn?t want. It dredges up the recent Leno fiasco in a visceral way, suggesting that even if Conan?s new show might as well be emanating from Siberia, at least he suffered no bad will for telling NBC where they should get off. By contrast, I wouldn?t touch NBC at 11:30 with someone else?s hard disk.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/8DHPvNV7-gk/

Sykes Enterprises Inorated Sybase Sun Microsystems Standard Microsystems Sra International Spss

No comments:

Post a Comment