Sony Ericsson today announced the latest addition to its Xperia line -- the Neo V -- which will be the first of its phones to benefit from its new "Facebook inside Xperia" software upgrade. The Neo V also is SE's first foray into 3D, with a "3D sweep panorama" feature that records and plays back in 3D when connected to a 3D TV's HDMI input.
Neo V specs include:
- Available in white, blue or silver
- 3.7-inch display at 480x854 resolution
- Reality display powered by Sony's Mobile Bravia Engine
- Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread
- Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 processor at 1GHz
- 5MP rear camera
- VA front-facing camera
- 320MB internal storage
- 2GB microSD card included
- 1500 mAh battery
- And all the usual sundries
Also, SE today announced that all of its 2011 Xperia phones will get an upgrade to Android 2.3.4 that will comprise many of the features found in the Neo V. That includes:
- Google Talk with video chat
- Facebook inside Xperia
- 3D sweep panorama
- The ability to connect USB peripherals to the Sony Ericsson LiveDock multimedia station
- A "swipe" (no, they didn't say Swype) text input
- Screen shots
The software updates will begin in October; SE didn't say which phones would be up first.
For more, see the entire press release after the break.