Friday, February 10, 2012

El33t's Pre-W33kend Post: Catherine Impostors, Star Wars Battlefields and Darkness...

El33t's Pre-W33kend Post - Banner Logo

Is it really Friday today? Is it really the end of the week? It sure is, and not a moment too soon! We’re almost at the finish line, folks, and once we cross that magical marker we’ll be in for some relaxing times with our favourite games!

Unless you’re working this weekend. Or studying. Or you’re going away and you won’t have access to your games. Or…

You know what? Let’s positate the negative and find out what members of El33tonline will be up to this weekend, and if you so desire, maybe you can get a few ideas of what you can do in-between the busy times over the next two days:

Lisa

?Things are really starting to heat up this week with a number of big titles releasing onto store shelves across South Africa. So while the team will be busy playing and reviewing these new games, I will be delving into a few older titles this weekend. I also hope to spend some time with Gotham City Impostors and test out the new co-op mission in Uncharted 3.

Apart from that it will be relaxing and chilling with friends. Have a good one guys and gals, see you next week!?

Drake getting ready to do battle for El33tonline

Wayne

“The Star Wars cash cow is back in town this weekend with the release of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 3D. Yes people I know it is the worst of the series and has the rather irritating chap with the long floppy ears who likes tripping over stuff. It’s also 3D which to me means loss of vibrant colours and wearing annoying glasses over glasses.

Yet it is still Star Wars so I’ll be heading to the cinema to get my fix of the magic and add my cash to the cow. There is sure to be some gaming going on too I’ve just got no idea at this point what I’ll be playing…maybe some Gotham City Impostors.

Enjoy your weekend peeps!”

Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace 3D Banner Logo

Warren

“After some reasonable fun was had with Dungeon Siege III last weekend, I think it’s only right to drop in on some lucky adventurers online and aid them in their quests. ‘Tis the right thing to do. And I’ve got some store credit at a local retailer which urgently needs to be spent on some games. What to buy?”

Dungeon Siege III Banner Image

Tom

“This week has flown by, and that’s not a bad thing because it means I’m that much closer to having a Vita arrive on my doorstep!

I’ll be playing some more Final Fantasy XIII-2 tomorrow in preparation for my review which should be completed by the end of the weekend.

I’m also decidedly hooked on Catherine, which coincidentally splashes down on UK shores today. Anyone who is interested in experiencing a horror-romance-anime game like no other (are there any others?) should definitely consider checking it out.

Will you be picking up some gifts for your loved ones this weekend I wonder?”

Catherine Logo Small

Russell

“Hi guys and gals,

Tonight ? BF3

Tomorrow ? Birthday party for my little guy (David ? 4), BF3 / Soulcalibur V

Sunday ? Out and about with the family followed by BF3 / Soulcalibur V.

And I am rereading the Wot again ? any fantasy book lovers out there?”

Soul Calibur V Banner Image

Bryan

“It’s confession time.

After reading Oltman’s article on addiction and Battlefield 3, I have to admit that I am not showing any of those symptoms so I’m clearly not addicted. The problem is, I’m confused. When I play that game I get a little bit of a thrill and I don’t want to let go of the controller for a good few hours. Playing with my Best Co-Op Buddy Ever (who incidentally, admits he is addicted and has willingly told the world this in a self-confessing article) just brings out the best in me. Back-to-back MVP1 and MVP2 sessions will probably do that to you. And a dual (yet distinctly separate) chopper takedown in a tank probably would too.

But I digress.

I am starting to wonder if I’ve got a hankering for an addiction if all I’m looking forward to is getting back into a tank on the Battlefield with Oltman? Most certainly I’ll be making time for more of that MVP chopper-blasting action this weekend!

In between all of this murderous fun I’ll try to catch up to my years-old save point in BioShock so I can actually finish the game. Maybe. Just maybe.

Oh, and there’s also a little bit of Sharks rugby happening this weekend with my very own friend (and fellow BF3 squadmate - not Oltman) being one of the referee assistants to none other than the Rugby World Cup Final 2011 referee himself. Watch this space, he’s destined for international rugby greatness!”

Battlefield 3 Banner Logo 2

Oltman

“A preview of my weekend in short-term memory flashbacks (how is THAT for weird science done right?!)

working, playing, taking tags, shooting tanks, co-op with Brattex, teaching Russell, shooting Smuroh, sleeping, shaving, washing, gymming, eating, laughing, playing, cake, party hats, movies, eating, friends, pooping, sleeping, eating, worshipping, driving, eating, pick up from airporting (its a real word!), laughing, hacking, slashing, Amaluring, sleeping, working, hating.”

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Banner Image

Oliver

Those Sweet Words…

I’ll be trading up between playing singleplayer sessions of The Darkness II with multiplayer matches in Gotham City Impostors, but because Darkness II has an interesting-looking co-operative mode, too, it seems as though I’m going to be spending a lot of time online this weekend!

There are also plans afoot for movie attendances and a celebratory get together this weekend, so it’s going to be a nice, full two days.”

gamescom 2011 show floor Gotham City: Impostors

Be sure to let us know what you all will be busy with this weekend! Gaming, movies, fun time with friends?


Source: http://feeds.el33tonline.com/~r/el33tonline_blog_rss_feed/~3/e3h4Y1a-dI4/

Anthony Wayne Stewart Martin Lee Truex Jr Brian Lee Vickers Kenneth Lee Wallace Michael Stephen Wallace Russell William Wallace Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment